Achad Ha’am – Litwinsky House
The house was built by Yaakov Elchanan Litwinsky (1852-1916), a well off trader who immigrated from Odessa. The house he built with his family at 22 Achad Ha’am Street was one of the largest, most impressive and most spacious in what was at the time a new neighborhood. Today, Litwinsky House is the crown of the houses designated for preservation in Achad Ha’am Street.
Acro Real Estate has purchased the house and intends to carry out full preservation and restoration, to restore it to its condition in the 1930s. The plans include building an elevator to connect the two lower floors. Along the eastern façade of the house there will be a pedestrian walkway connecting Achad Ha’am Street with the rear yard of the house, which will be developed in accordance with the overall development plan for the site. The grounds will be paved using tiles resembling the original style.